Thursday 20 March 2014

Transeasonal Tracks | It's starting to feel like Spring

The other day I was sat on the bus in my own little world when the smell of freshly cut grass came in through the windows. To me this smell represents the beginning of Spring! The air is still crisp but the sun is starting to sine through the clouds and if you stand in its rays you feel their warmth on your back.

I'm so excited for summer this year. It's going to be one long holiday and there are rumors that it may be hotter than last year which would be awesome!

As spring prepares us for the summer season I thought I'd put together a list of five feel good songs to accompany this transition.

The Temples | Shelter Song 

Coming into their own over the past few months, The Temples are definitely not going anywhere soon. I couldn't write this list without them featuring on it. They make my 6 o' clock starts less painful as I currently have them set as my alarm. I have high hopes for them this summer and can't wait to see what they have in store .... 


The Tribes | Dancehall 

Sadly The Tribes are no longer together, but this doesn't mean we can no longer enjoy them. I absolutely love this song off their album Wish To Scream and I wish that they were still around!!


David Bowie | Modern Love 

An oldie but goodie. I started getting into David Bowie last summer so all of his songs remind me of the hazy mornings going to college where'd he'd keep me company on the long bus rides. I chose Modern Love as I have a fond memory of running for the bus to the beat of this track and feeling extremely embarrassed - Thank God for headphones! 


The Heartbreaks | Delay Delay  

The Heartbreaks are one of my favorite summery bands. I've chosen a song from their old album as I feel as though their new album is more serious. Each song from their old album could be a single - not to mention they remind me of Kendal Calling last year. 


King Charles | Bam Bam

This man is amazing. His mustache is great and his hair is to die for! His songs are on a very thin line of really summery awesomeness and ridiculously cheesy, but never the less Bam Bam has made it onto my list of feel good songs - and that's exactly what it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment