Wednesday 5 September 2012

College life

So yesterday I entered the world of college life. It’s a beautiful place full of … work and … very intimidating people, but the subjects I’ve taken themselves are actually quite alright (so far). We’ve been told to read this book called The Company of Wolves, it’s like an alternative take on Little Red Riding Hood, though very disturbing in some parts and quite gothic. I think I’m gonna like it though. My REP, Critical Thinking and History classes seem nice, it’s just my English lit and language classes that are both kind of scary; Tall men with beards. Also, I’ve noticed that almost everyone is ginger too. All these ginger guys walking around ... quite funny. And then if it’s not ginger, it’s a bleach blonde surfer hairdo - bless them!

Then you get the buses. Not my friend. They came at the right time on Tuesday, and we got to sixth around an hour early, that’s alright though … time to explore. But then today was awful. We waited half an hour (7:10am – 7:40am) and not one bus showed up. This is quite worrying as it takes around an hour to get to sixth and college starts at 8:45. Also, it was enrichments today and they opened at 8am so we all wanted to be there early to bag a place in a good subject. We ended up getting there at 8:35 and no computers were free. I managed to get a place on the college magazine eventually which is really good. It was either that or photography and no one could find photography on the list so the magazine it was.

That’s my two days summed up. It can be a lonely place, but I’ve made a friend, he is also ginger, looks kind of like Ed Sheeren but is very nice! Annnnd, he is also on the college magainze with all the same frees as me, so hopefully I can buddy up with him and his friendlings.

Other than that, not much has happened in the life of moi. I have got an interview back from Clint Boon which is amazing and will be featuring in the next Woodnote. He has drawn himself too which is rather cute so yeah, check it out in the next issue.


1 comment:

  1. Gingers rule !!!! and we are taking over the world !!!! Mwahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete