Sunday 12 August 2012

Summer Hols 2012

Hey guys, just got back from a holiday in Whitby. It was lovely and we caught the hottest week of the summer so far. I went with my family and we visited all the little villages nearby. From Filey beach to Pickering Castle, it truly is such a beautiful place to see. The first day we stopped off in York and walked along the high street. We fell across a small Viking market which was so cute, they had a room full of outfits that people had worn in films too; Keira Knightley’s dress from The Duchess, Heath Ledger’s  blue/grey outfit from the 2005 movie Casanova. We went to many castles and country houses too, one of them being Castle Howard where Brideshead Revisited was filmed. We saw Whitby Abbey, where we managed to save some newts that had fallen into a grave, and the Dracula experience. It was pretty lame if I’m being honest, but I was so scared! We went round and all it was was a dark walk through, then some guy at the end jumps out at you with a horrible mask on! Yes, I did scream, but it wasn’t that scary! Talking about Dracula, we saw so many bats just hanging from the walls of old buildings and one was chilling on the floor of a museum.

Nearer the end of the week, we all went dinosaur fossil hunting along the beach and actually found some! I discovered a Gryphaea which is kind of like a sea muscle, they’re known as a ‘Devil’s Toenail’ which is pretty cool. My mum came across some shell fossils and my sister found an ammonite. My dad however, well he was quite content with his piece of concrete he found within the first five minutes- Though nearer the end he did pick up some fossilised coral!

On the way home we called off at Leeds and went into a record shop. They said that they could start stocking Woodnote there which is so exciting! It’s going to be in a shop!! I bought a pretty sweet hat, and a few records – Inspiral Carpets, The Charlatans, Blue Monday, The Soup Dragons. They stocked Carter Tutti Void’s Transverse too which was cool; can’t look at it for too long though, makes your eyes go all weird!

Overall it’s been an ace week and I think we’re off to Chester sometime soon too which will be lovely! Then the next big thing will be my results day on the 23rd. I’m so nervous but I’ll let you know how I go on. Thinking of going into journalism so I hope my English and History grades are good!

Fingers crossed xx






No comments:

Post a Comment